[Xen-devel] I2O_EXT_ADAPTEC_DMA64

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] I2O_EXT_ADAPTEC_DMA64
From: Ben Guthro <bguthro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:56:10 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:55:52 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For about the past week (perhaps a bit longer) I have been unable to use
an automated script to build xen-unstable on a 32 bit machine.

The build continues to ask about the following build parameter:
I2O_EXT_ADAPTEC_DMA64

Choosing the default (Y) allows the build to continue to completion.

After a little research, it looks like this parameter was pulled out of
linux-defconfig_xen_x86_32 in changeset 13509: 4fad820a2233 by Christian
Limpach during the update to 2.6.17

http://xenbits2.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?diff/4fad820a2233/buildconfigs/linux-defconfig_xen_x86_32;style=rev%3D%2B%2509buildconfigs%252Flinux

My question is -
If this was intentionally pulled out of the buildconfig - what am I
doing wrong?
Alternately
If this was an unintended result of the merge - would you accept a
simple patch to fix this?

Regards,
Ben Guthro