Re: [Xen-devel] 32-on-64: pvfb issue

To: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 32-on-64: pvfb issue
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 15:07:46 +0000
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Markus Armbruster <armbru@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:07:33 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 23/1/07 12:53, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fixed.  New versions attached, with comments added/updated and
> signed-off-by.  They are partly tested only though, 32-on-64 seems to be
> broken in current unstable, mixing 32bit and 64bit domains doesn't work.
>  Time to get the domain builder bits merged too, so this can be added to
> the regression tests ...

I've checked all in except blkback and blktools:

 * blktools: I'm not sure if this approach will be necessary. Brendan Cully
is adding support for pulling kernel image metadata into xend early during
domain creation. We can include target arch as part of that metadata and
then plumb that into the BlkifController to set the protocol automatically.
Unless there are other reasons to want to manually specify the protocol then
we are probably better to wait for the 'proper' solution.

 * blkback: You didn't sign off, and the changeset comment is stale (still
refers to v1/v2 protocols for example). Also in a couple of places (the
blkif_mmap functions in both blkback and blktap) you switch on blkif
protocol with cases 1 and 2, rather than using the enumeration names. That
looks a bit dodgy to me -- did you miss updating them?

 -- Keir