Re: [Xen-devel] intermittent problems with legacy xmlrpc server in 3.0.4

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] intermittent problems with legacy xmlrpc server in 3.0.4
From: Alastair Tse <atse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:55:09 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:54:46 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 01:29 +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> So from reading that changeset, it looks as if the socket is being put
> in no-blocking mode so that when XenD shuts down it doesn't wait forever
> for active clients to finish. An alternate way to do this would be to
> simply set all the client connection handling threads to be daemonized
> threads and not bother calling join() on them at all - just rely on
> the automatic thread cleanup. This means that the leader process can just
> quit & any outstanding client handling threads will simply be killed
> off without delay.

I've just committed a patch based on your suggestion with setting all
the threads to daemonic, which gets rid of the join() and settimeout()
on the socket. Hopefully this should solve the problems John is seeing
with intermittent failures.

Thanks,

Alastair