RE: [Xen-devel] Ehancement to domU suspend/resume

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Ehancement to domU suspend/resume
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:16:11 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:15:48 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think that should be OK, since process freezes happen before device
related suspend, including xenbus_suspend. System is in a
fully-working state along with the freeze process, except that SMP has
been hot-removed to be UP. :-)

BTW, I have a small question for the front-end driver. If there's pending
requests within shared ring buffer at suspend, what will happen when
FE detects connection broken after resuming back? Will those requests
be abandoned, or continue to service after re-connected? I'm afraid that
previous grant entries may lose after gnttab_resume...

Thanks,
Kevin