RE: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] Initial support for H

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-changelog] [xen-unstable] Initial support for HVM compat guests
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:07:19 +0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 00:07:11 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So is this still on development for HVM? I didn't find where
_DOMF_COMPAT is set for 32bit HVM guest, and then compat
logic under is_hvm_vcpu may not make effect yet. (Correct me if
I'm wrong)

Other incompleteness is like, XLAT_cpu_user_regs is invoked
after hvm_store_cpu_guest_regs in arch_get_info_guest, while
arch_set_info_guest invokes hvm_load_cpu_guest_regs directly,
etc.

Also, one question is whether COMPAT mode requires all guests
to be in compatible, or can be mixed like 64bit dom0 + 32bit domU.
Still take arch_get_info_guest for example:
   Vcpu_guest_context is translated if target domain is compat
mode, while there's no check for current domain's mode. Then
compat context is copied back to dom0 even when dom0 is a 64bit
guest.

Are things like above deliberately made to depend on dom0 aware
of target guest context layout, or something still immature? I just want
to get a clear picture what impact this new compatible mode may bring
to the whole environment. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin