Re: [Xen-devel] a problem when I'm try to debug xen boot codes

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] a problem when I'm try to debug xen boot codes
From: Arhold <arhold@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:29:11 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:28:47 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ming,

Could you share some experience on how to enable the xen debug?  I try to build the xen with a kgdb patched kernel, but failed.

Arhold

hi,
I want to learn xen boot codes. I use bochs with gdb stub to implement source codes debug. I rebuild xen kernel with "debug=y, debugger=y" to enable debug, boot xen by bochs, connect gdb remote target, set breakpoint. All are ok now.(I run gdb in directory "xen", and set breakpoint at __start_xen.) But, when the breakpoint is hit, gdb displays:"setup.c:no such file or directory". Of course, I can use directory to add search path to gdb. But if trace into a different directory, I have to use "direcotry" again. You know, the directory structure is some complex, so it's so boring to add all directory to gdb. As I know, some debug information of elf file includes directory of file. But there is just only the file name without directory.
Does anybody know how to deal with it?
Thanks.

Ming