Re: [Xen-devel] bimodal PAE and compatibility

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 04:24:04PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:

> Moving the bimodal flag to another elf node doesn't fix the problem that
> older Xen versions don't support bimodal kernels

I never said it did. What it /does/ do is allow you to specify a correct
fallback rather than assuming that pae=no is the right one. It isn't for
us: currently we do not intend to ship a non-PAE kernel as we have no
infrastructure for such an (alien to Solaris) restriction.

> non-pae one bimodal and one pae kernel works too.  But you can't get
> that down to only one kernel unless you drop support for xen versions
> below 3.0.4 ...

Or drop any support for non-PAE before 3.0.4 which is exactly what we
were and are doing anyway.

regards
john