Re: [Xen-devel] xc_domain_translate_gpfn_list vanished from unstable

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xc_domain_translate_gpfn_list vanished from unstable
From: Tomáš Kouba <tomas@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 18:27:58 +0100
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 09:27:36 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:
On 7/1/07 1:39 am, "Tomáš Kouba" <tomas@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

in xen-3.0.3 there was function xc_domain_translate_gpfn_list in libxc
but it is not in unstable now. I have checked `hg log` but cannot find
the patch that did it (and would explain).
Can somebody point me to the patch, or mail that discussed this removal
(I was unable to find it either :( )

This was part of a cleanup in which translated-guest addresses are always
referenced by pseudo-physical address rather than machine address. The
function is still provided by Xen (for compatibility) but it shouldn't be
needed by tools any more.

I am sorry, I don't understand one thing: if the translated-guest addresses are always referenced by pseudo-physical address (or pfn?) then why the "xc_map_foreign_range" has its last parameter as mfn and not pfn?

Thank you

--
Tomas Kouba