Re: [Xen-users] Error: Kernel image does not exist: /usr/lib/xen/boot/hv

To: Anand Gupta <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Error: Kernel image does not exist: /usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:28:48 +0800
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen Users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 05:29:10 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 17:43 +0530, Anand Gupta wrote:
> I have installed xen 3.0.4 from
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.0.4-testing.hg. Now when i want to
> setup winxp as a domu on this server. The server is a Intel Core 2 Duo
> with 4GB RAM.
>
> I took the xmexample.hvm as an example for the config. Here is the
> edited version.
[snip]

> Now when i run "xm create xm1", it gives me the following error:
>
> Using config file "./xm1".
> Error: Kernel image does not exist: /usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader
>
> I checked in the /usr/lib/xen/boot directory and it seems to be empty.
> Can anyone please tell me how to get this hvmloader ??

In 3.0.3, if it failed to compile some of the hvm tools the build would
still continue. You may simply just be missing bcc or cpp respectively.

I find its handy to redirect make output (nohup or tree is handy for
this) to a file so I can review it later to see if something went wrong.

I'm not 100% sure that in 3.0.4 the build process won't halt if it can't
build some of the qemu / hvm related tools. More than likely you were
missing stuff make needed to build it, but it didn't halt .. and just
flew by.

Best,
-Tim