Re: [Xen-devel] pciback

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 13:26 -0700, ron minnich wrote:
> On 12/14/06, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Did you unbind it from the current driver first? I use the script below
> > as "./pciback 0000:05:04.0"
> >
> Thanks for the script.
>
> Running it for 2:1.0 produces:
> [root@q xen3]# ./pciback 2:1.0

>From the other output you showed I think you need to use 0000:02:01.0.
It needs to precisely match the directory in /sys/bus/pci/devices/ which
differs from that in the lspci output due to the extra field on the
front.

You will also need a matching "pci = ['0000:02:01.0']" in your domU
config.

>From the other mail
> Ian, I think there is some difference at work here. On my system, you
> have to unbind in a path such as /sys/bus/pci/devices/e1000/unbind.

/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:02:01.0/driver will be a link
to ../../../../bus/pci/drivers/e1000 so it should just work based on the
PCI device number thing without needing to know which driver currently
owns the device.

I think the pciback hide option isn't working for you because by the
time you load the pciback module the real hardware driver will have
claimed the device. To make that work you probably need to build pciback
statically and use the kernel command line. I'm not sure about this
though since I never used this particular functionality.

Ian.