[Xen-devel] set_gdt failing in translated mode

To: "Xen Devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] set_gdt failing in translated mode
From: "Tim Wood" <twwood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:03:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 17:03:05 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I'm working on save/restore for domains using translated shadow page
tables.  I've added support so that page tables are not
(un)canonicalized during save/restore, but when the new context is
being loaded, the set_gdt call is failing.  Specifically, the
get_page_and_type() call fails.

Any ideas on what would cause this error?  It's not clear to me what
part of the normal restore code sets page types so that this call
usually works.

The basic steps of my restore routine are:
-read in pages
-enable shadow mode
-add grant tables to physmap
-clear events/copy shared info frame