[Xen-devel] Re: please pull xen-ia64-unstable.hg

To: Alex Williamson <alex.williamson@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: please pull xen-ia64-unstable.hg
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 13:47:15 +0000
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 05:47:35 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Done. You shouldn't need HVM_PARAM_VCPUS: the tools have already
setmaxvcpus, and this number is available to your HVM builder by doing a
getdomaininfo and using max_vcpu_id (plus one). HVM params are really
intended for registering values that Xen has some interest in -- which is
not the case for this particular parameter (since it's redundant).

It seems we need to better distinguish between arch-specific and generic
definitions in the hvm subdirectory (even if it's just with comments to
indicate what is what) -- there is a lot of implicitly x86 stuff right now.
Also we may end up needing a clean arch-specific component to the Python xc
wrapper, although a few ifdef's are okay for now.

 -- Keir