[Xen-devel] about xen devices

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] about xen devices
From: Constantine Kousoulos <wuwei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:09:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 11:09:39 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

I am a bit confused about the use of backend drivers by guest os'es.

A guest os must modify/port it's drivers so that they can communicate with the backend drivers? Or a guest os stops using its own native drivers and just communicates with the backend drivers through newly implemented frontend drivers?

I hope you can clear that up for me.

Thanks,
Constantine