Re: [Xen-devel] FC6, xen 3.0.3, ia32, rpms from either FC6 repo or xenso

To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] FC6, xen 3.0.3, ia32, rpms from either FC6 repo or xensource, failing to start a vm
From: "ron minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:32:09 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:32:10 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/30/06, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does this mean there's a Xen 3 enabled Plan 9?

yes, Richard Miller bit the bullet and made it go.
http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/installing_in_xen_3.0/index.html

We're working to build minimal xen-based machines that boot just
enough linux to allow us run Plan 9, and use Linux as nothing more
than a device driver.

Now if I could only get Xen to start.

Anybody had trouble with Xen and logical volumes? My xen kernel built
from source just can't find volume00. This is xen 3.0.3, ia32, SATA,
2.6.16.29-xen. I have done the mkinitrd by hand, but all the right
modules seem to be in there. nevertheless, on this sata machine I
don't see it finding hda as it does with a non-Xen kernel.

If anyone has seen this, let me know.

ron