[Xen-devel] Additions to documentation section 2.1 (Prerequisites)

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Additions to documentation section 2.1 (Prerequisites)
From: "Christian Asmussen" <xen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:51:54 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:04:30 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi xen developers!

Well I am following the DISCLAIMER on the begining of the documentation and "reporting" things I think could be added to the xen 3.0 documentation.

I am not a member of the list so please add my e-mail in any replys :-)

I am building xen-3.0.3_0 from source and followed the instructions on Section 2.1 (Pre-requisites).  The build didn't work  "-lcrypto not found" so I installed libssl-dev package and made the world again!  Then I get another "X11/keysymdef.h not found" error, so I installed x-dev.

Also, installing sdl-dev is very good before building xen ;-)

One other thing that could be very helpfull is using -j feature of make to speed the build.  For instance I didn't have the kernel, so using "make -j 2 world" continued building the code while the linux-2.6.xx.tar.bz2 was beeing downloaded.

Maybe the section 2.1 contains pre-requisites required only for "binary" installs, but in that case it should "mention" that when build from source there are other dependencies.

[s]
krico