RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch] Fix for x86_64 boot failures due tobadsegment se

To: "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch] Fix for x86_64 boot failures due tobadsegment setup for protected mode.
From: "Jiang, Yunhong" <yunhong.jiang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:04:24 +0800
Cc: "Yu, Wilfred" <wilfred.yu@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xin, Xiaohui" <xiaohui.xin@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Herbert Xu <herbert.xu@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Susie" <susie.li@xxxxxxxxx>, Steven Rostedt <srostedt@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:04:45 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This cause problem for some version's SMP windows, at least 2003 64-bit smp
windows AP bringup code has such issue.
I'm not sure how much decoder left if we want to do full emulation. But at
least we need to add the "mov reg->sreg" as Keir pointed out.
It's very later on my side, so Stephen, would you please add this?

Thanks
Yunhong Jiang