RE: [Xen-devel] [XENOPROLIFE] New oprofile patch for XenOProfile

To: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>, "Ray Bryant" <raybry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [XENOPROLIFE] New oprofile patch for XenOProfile
From: "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:11:44 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:13:38 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have an AMD machine in my Lab which I believe has SVM support.
> I can use that if needed, but I will need sometime to get it
> ready and running Xen.
> I thought Tom has tested oprofile with both AMD and Intel HVM
> guests and that things were working fine.
thanks renato, I believe that the hypervisor portion of xenoprofile is
sending
the correct mode, eip/rip values.  I'll get with Ray and see if we can
track
down where the issue might be (oprofile or hv, or configuration issue).

> Could you please sync up with Tom and make sure it is not a
> problem with your configuration.
> Tom can you confirm you were able to successfully run
> XenOprofile for HVM guests?
> If needed I can try to reproduce your problem here when I
> have my AMD machine up.
We'll definitely let you know if we need some assistance in the oprofile
area.
Any idea when will 0.9.3 be out?  I know that some of the distros are
trying to add your xenoprofile patch on top of 0.9.2 for their releases,
and having 0.9.3 would be easier that already contained the xen patches.

  --Tom