[Xen-devel] Dom I/O Mappings

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Dom I/O Mappings
From: "Eric Benton" <benton71@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:57:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 06:57:29 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I saw that all the I/O regions which are marked as E820_RAM are being mapped to dom_io as writeable pages, I don't know the architecture exactly but I was wondering about these things.

1. How share_xen_page_with_guest() works? does it maps those pages the same pseudo physical addresses or the virtual ones? would you mind to explain like what kind of addresses the e820 contains? are they real machine addresses?

2. What pieces of code are running in the dom_io context? or else, why would we want to map those addresses??

Thanks,
Eric.