RE: [Xen-devel]Two dead-lock situation occurs on 32bit HVM SMP Windows

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xin, Xiaohui" <xiaohui.xin@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel]Two dead-lock situation occurs on 32bit HVM SMP Windows
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:54:50 +0800
Cc: "Mallick, Asit K" <asit.k.mallick@xxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>, "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>, "He, Qing" <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Susie" <susie.li@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 17:55:21 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, Keir,
        Thanks for fixes and you're right that PV drivers themselves don't hit
MMIO which however enlarges the possibility to trigger deadlock case 1. PV
drivers invoke grant ops frequently which holds big lock in the start and then
may request shadow lock later. This should disappear now after you remove the
lock acquisition in page fault handler.

        It's a good suggestion to use one single entry to speed up LAPIC/IOAPIC
access, and we will make a try and bench on it. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin