[Xen-devel] Xen not very green?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen not very green?
From: Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:34:57 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:01:00 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was planning on diving into Xen with the release of Fedora
core 6 and the improved Xen support it has, but one thing
surprised me: My dual core amd64 system runs more than
five degrees hotter when idle than the non-Xen kernel
runs on the same box.

Is this normal?

Is the hypervisor missing interfaces to let dom0
do the energy-star magic for it?

Is anyone even worried about this?

Or is it all just a bug with Fedora's kernel?

Just curious at this point, but it does seem like
it might be an important issue.