[Xen-devel] ia32e hvm guest with 4G memory will hang or crash while brin

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] ia32e hvm guest with 4G memory will hang or crash while bringing up network
From: "Zhao, Fan" <fan.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:02:52 +0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 03:03:20 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I find that ia32e hvm guest with 4G memory will hang or crash at the
stage of bringing up network while booting up.
If I assign 4G memory for ia32e hvm guest, it will hang or crash at the
stage of "bringing up interface eth0". If I disable the network by not
containing ifcfg-eth0 file, the 4G hvm guest could boot up successfully.
However, when I add ifcfg-eth0 file again and "service network restart",
the guest will hang at the stage of "bringing up interface eth0" too.
However, 1G memory ia32e hvm guest will not have this issue, and I use
cset 11751 to test.

Best regards,
Fan