RE: [Xen-devel] VMX status report 11394:96a4379be74a

To: "Zheng, Jeff" <jeff.zheng@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] VMX status report 11394:96a4379be74a
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:37:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 03:38:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> We have tested the latest xen on VT platform with Intel 915/E8500
> chipset.
>
> Three platforms(32/pae/32e) test all are based on SMP, It means that
we
> boot up SMP guest OS in VMX.
>
> Here is the test summary:
>
> Issues:
> - Creating 4 VMX simutaneously on 32 platform will hang xen0

Does it reboot or just hang? Is dom0 pingable? Is the text console
alive?
If you're in a text mode console, do you get an oops message printed?

Exactly what kind of guests are you starting simultaneously, and on what
hypervisor (e.g. PAE?).
You say that you're using an SMP kernel, and since in most distros the
SMP kernel also implies guest PAE support, I assume you're using pae=1
guests?

> - Sometimes build base kernel 2.6.16 in IA32SMP guest fails on 32bit
> platform.

In what way does it fail? Does the guest VM crash? Does the make
segfault?

Thanks,
Ian