RE: [Patch][RFC] Support "xm dump" (is Re:[Xen-devel]Re:[Patch]Enable"sy

To: "Akio Takebe" <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Patch][RFC] Support "xm dump" (is Re:[Xen-devel]Re:[Patch]Enable"sysrq c" handler for domU coredump)
From: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:58:25 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:59:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> BTW, I try to make your xendump.c, but cannot compile it.
> Could you post the Makefile?
> I'd like to use your xendump.

I actually build this out of tree along with some other utilities so the
Makefile wont be a lot of use to you. However, the
relevant sections (mostly taken from tools/console/Makefile btw) are
attached.

Having said that, if you are going to add an 'xm dump' command, I think
it should be done by modifying the xend Python code
rather than building an external C program (I wish I'd thought of this!)

Simon

------Makefile extract------

XEN_ROOT=<path to top of xen tree>

include $(XEN_ROOT)/tools/Rules.mk