[Xen-devel] Re: turn off writable page tables

On 02/08/06 10:21 +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

I wonder how it will interact with our late-pin/early-unpin model where we can directly write to pagetables before they are first used and also while they are being finally destroyed. It may be that if we use explicit batching and turn off that pinning logic we will not affect performance much, but we'll need to do some performance analysis.

Where are we on Andrew's Patch now? I think Andrew's Patch is a good
solution for the time being until we can get batching, which may be
too disruptive for 3.03.
Mike