Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] support console resolutions better than 80x25

>A few thoughts:
>  * Could we put all the vga-related stuff in drivers/char/vga
>  * Also move the existing vga-specific code into its own file in
>drivers/char/vga

Sure, once I know the code is generally acceptable this can be done (till
now I simply didn't bother).
As you've seen I omitted the font source files (almost identical clones of
the respective linux files) - would you want these in a separate directory
then, too?

>  * Are the vga files you add pulled from some other project (svgalib)?
>If so, are they heavily modified or is it plausible for us to track and
>port changes from that other project?

Taken from Linux, but heavily modified.

>  * Maybe add a feature or version field to the console_info structure
>so we can extend it in future.

Can do. But I considered using the size of the structure sufficient, as
that basically enforces (with a little discipline) adding to the end of the
structure.

>  * Would the test in linux be better as if (SIF_INITDOMAIN &&
>console_evtchn) rather than a somehat arbitrary comparsion against a
>sizeof()?

That code already is inside a SIF_INITDOMAIN section. The sizeof()
check was just to ensure compatibility; if we'll have a version field, the
check can be replaced by a version check (see above, let me know).

Jan