[Xen-devel] Re: [patch 7/8] Add a bootparameter to reserve high linear a

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:25:17 -0700
Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> +             /*
> +              * reservetop=size reserves a hole at the top of the kernel
> +              * address space which a hypervisor can load into later.
> +              * Needed for dynamically loaded hypervisors, so relocating
> +              * the fixmap can be done before paging initialization.
> +              * This hole must be a multiple of 4M.
> +              */
> +             else if (!memcmp(from, "reservetop=", 11)) {
> +                     unsigned long reserve = memparse(from+11, &from);
> +                     reserve &= ~0x3fffff;
> +                     reserve_top_address(reserve);

I assume that this argument will normally be passed in via the hypervisor
rather than by human-entered information?

In which case, perhaps a panic would be a more appropriate response to a
non-multiple-of-4M.

Either way, rounding the number down rather than up seems wrong...