[Xen-devel] Mercurial 0.9.1 released!
More information at:
Major changes between Mercurial 0.9 and 0.9.1:
- You can now configure your 'hgweb' server to let remote users
'push' changes over http.
- You can now 'import' a patch in a mail message by saving the mail
message, and importing it. This works for patches sent either
inline or as attachments.
- The 'diff' command now accepts '-rA:B' syntax as a synonym for
'-r A -r B', and adds '-b' and '-B' options.
New contributions and extensions:
- The 'acl' extension lets you lock down parts of a repository
against incoming changes
- The 'extdiff' extension lets you run your favourite graphical
- Comprehensive integration with the 'vim' editor
- A restricted shell for 'ssh'-hosted repositories
- An importer for 'darcs' repositories
New hooks added:
- 'preupdate' is run before an update or merge in the working
- 'update' is run after an update or merge in the working
- NOTE: Mercurial as installed by the Windows binary
installer no longer performs automatic line-ending conversion for
Unix/Linux compatibility. To re-enable this feature, edit your
'mercurial.ini' file after you upgrade.
- The Windows binary installer now automatically adds 'hg' to your
- The 'backout' command now runs an editor by default, to let you
modify the commit message for a backed-out changeset.
- An earlier problem with parsing of tags has been fixed.
This makes tag parsing slower but more reliable.
Memory usage and performance improvements:
- The 'remove' command has been rewritten to be hundreds of times
faster in large repositories.
- It is now possible to 'clone' a repository very quickly over a
LAN, if the server is configured to allow it. See the new 'server'
section in the 'hgrc' documentation.
Other changes of note:
- Mercurial will now print help for an extension if you type 'hg
- The usual array of bug fixes and documentation improvements.
- The integrated web server is now more WSGI-compliant.
- Work has begun to solidify Mercurial's API for use by third-party
Xen-devel mailing list
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
- [Xen-devel] Mercurial 0.9.1 released!,
Bryan O'Sullivan <=