RE: [Xen-devel] get CPU idle time?

To: "Rob Gardner" <rob.gardner@xxxxxx>, "David Carr" <dc@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] get CPU idle time?
From: "Apparao, Padmashree K" <padmashree.k.apparao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:09:33 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:10:24 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have found that xenoprof and xentop match. You have to convert the
samples to utilization. Xenoprof does not give util directly.

Formula:

[(global_power_event_samples)*sample after value]/sample time ==> will
give events/sec
Then divide this by the clock freq (cpu freq in cycles/sec) that will
give you the cpu util.
Global_power_events per sec / Cycles per sec = utilization

Hope this helps
Thanks
- Padma