Re: [Xen-devel] credit scheduler issues in 64bit hypervisor

To: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] credit scheduler issues in 64bit hypervisor
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 09:53:53 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Zheng, Jeff" <jeff.zheng@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 06:54:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, Steven Hand wrote:

> Have you got any debug output from Xen ? (and are you running a debug
> build?).

I have no serial console on this system, and it rebooted
instantly - so unfortunately, no debugging output.

I will try this on one of my test systems at work, which
do have serial console.

> >Please don't make the credit scheduler the default until
> >it actually works.
>
> I'm not sure this is a credit scheduler bug - it seems rather more likely
> to be a vmx bug shaken out by the more aggressive load balancing of the
> new scheduler. Masking such bugs by using another scheduler doesn't seem
> like a great idea to me.

Point taken.  Though at this point I can't rule out the
scheduler yet, either :)

> Of course, difficult to be certain of the exact cause without some debug
> output or similar.

*nod*

--
All Rights Reversed