RE: [Xen-devel] how to disable the NX flag in a domU?

To: "Hans-Christian Armingeon" <mog.johnny@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] how to disable the NX flag in a domU?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:55:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 04:56:30 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pass "noexec=off" to the kernel, and it won't set the NX bit in it's
page-table entries, and I presume Xen will just use the same bits as the
guest asks for... One would think, at least.. [I haven't tried this, I
just scanned the kernel source code for the boot-line argument, as I
knew there is some way to enable/disable it...]

Care to divulge what the app is so I can add it to the list of apps that
I'm not going to use? ;-)

--
Mats