[Xen-devel] crash of xen-system when accessing cdrom

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] crash of xen-system when accessing cdrom
From: Marcel Meyer <meyerm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:30:44 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:31:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello together,

I already sent the message below to xen-users a few days ago, but didn't get
an answer. So I hope that here on xen-devel is someone who has some ideas
(or is using XEN on this specific system and can confirm this isn't a
problem within xen itself but with this specific BIOS or sth.
similar :-) ).

----------
I've just setup a new gentoo-system to get XEN working on my laptop. Some
basic data:

* DELL Latitude D810 - Pentium M - 2 GB RAM
* Gentoo default-linux/x86/2006.0 with glibc 2.4 and gcc 4.1.1
  (everything built with this gcc using this glibc)
* CFLAGS "-O2 -march=pentium-m -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs \
          -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
* xen-sources 2.6.16.18
* xen 3.0.2

Booting the computer with a the dom0-kernel seems to work. I didn't test any
3D-acceleration for now. This will lead to further mails I guess ;-)

My first big problem now is that I can't read any data from cdroms. I can
read the TOC of audio- and data-cdroms. Navigating through the filesystem
(after mounting them, of course) or the tracklist is possible. But as soon
as I try to copy data or play a track within a cdaudio-application, the
system immediately reboots.

Am I using some strange combination of programs? Where could I look for
further informations? If would be very nice, if anybody would already even
know some sort of solution and would tell it to me :-)