Re: [Xen-devel] dm-userspace wiki page

To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] dm-userspace wiki page
From: Dan Smith <danms@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:58:26 -0700
Cc: Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:58:20 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AL> Sweet!  Any estimate on how long much work is left until you could
AL> use this to support COW devices within Xen?

I'm very close.  Right now, I'm working out some race conditions and
locking issues in the kernel module that usually cause problems during
stress testing.

AL> Are there specific areas that people could help with to speed
AL> things along?

Well, testing it and letting me know what does and doesn't work would
definitely be helpful.  Right now, the included testsuite runs fine
for me on vanilla kernels, but deadlocks on xen kernels.  I've heard
the opposite from someone else, so feedback on varied hardware and
configurations would good :)

--
Dan Smith
IBM Linux Technology Center