Re: [Xen-devel] VMX Assist and x86 segment registers

Anthony Liguori wrote:

vmxassist is the source of the problem here though as it uses vm86 mode which means that there is no way to get at the hidden cpu state. If we moved to a model where all 16-bit code was emulated by qemu, we would have access to all the hidden cpu state.

There are fewer problems in 32 bit mode since the segmentation stuff is mostly visible so there shouldn't be a problem in handing off from the 16 bit emulator to to direct 32 bit execution.

I completely agree. If there's anything I can do to help, e.g., running code in during development, please let me know.

-- Randy