Re: [Xen-devel] XENFEAT_writable_pagetables vs VMASST_TYPE_writable_page

On 31 May 2006, at 16:09, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

This works everywhere, except the call at the bottom of pgd_walk()
when called from __pgd_unpin(). If the pgd is not writable after
unpin, weird stuff starts to happen --- the next call to pmd_clear()
from free_pte_range() fails in Xen, citing incorrect page types.

Can you tell me why linux/xen/the wrpt implementation cannot handle
the unpinned pgd being mapped read-only like this?

I'll need to see a backtrace, or at least the particular error message from Xen.

 -- Keir