Re: [Xen-devel] HVM - BIOS serial console redirection?

To: Nate Carlson <natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] HVM - BIOS serial console redirection?
From: "Andrew D. Ball" <aball@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 17:06:18 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:08:08 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Have you tried

serial = 'pty'

in the domU's configuration? This makes the domU's virtual serial port look like the console of a paravirtualized domU, so you can use 'xm console' and 'xm create -c' on it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the BIOS contents ...

Good luck.
Andrew

Nate Carlson wrote:
I realized this is probably better suited for the devel list.. basically, is there any way in the BOCHS bios to enable 'Serial Console Redirection', where you see the BIOS contents over the serial line?

Windows 2003's 'Emergency Management Services' console (which allows you to do installs and fix stuff over the serial line) requires this to activate.. piece of crap.

It'd also be nice for *NIX installs on HVM, where you don't want to deal with SDL or VNC.

Thanks much!  :)

| nate carlson | natecars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.natecarlson.com |