Re: [Xen-devel] x86 string/memory inline functions

On 26 May 2006, at 12:14, Jan Beulich wrote:

The best solution is just to remove the arch-specific definitions. None
of the uses in Xen are performance critical.

I see you removed all the str* stuff. memcmp, however, suffers from the same original problem, and I would doubt it is
used in performance critical code if none of the str* functions are.

We use the compiler intrinsic for memcmp, and have no inline asm version.

 -- Keir