Re: [Xen-devel] Networking in dom0

To: "Carb, Brian A" <Brian.Carb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Networking in dom0
From: "Dave Lively" <dave.lively@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:13:52 -0400
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Krysan, Susan" <KRYSANS@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:14:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Re-cc'd xen-devel, so they can see what's going on here ...]

Thanks Brian.  The 'ip route list' output you helpfully provided
shows the problem: you have no default route.  A default route
will show up in 'ip route list' as something like:
default via x.x.x.x dev eth0

Since changeset 9995 (roughly a week ago), the network-bridge script has
depended on being able to find the default route from the 'ip route list'
output (if you don't specify a vifnum explicitly).  I didn't make that change
(though I modified it later), so I'm not sure whether your configuration
would have worked 'as is' with the old code or not.  Do you get anything
back from: 'ip route list default scope global'?

Dave