RE: [Xen-devel] Q: How to find own domid or uuid from domU?

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Markus Armbruster" <armbru@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Q: How to find own domid or uuid from domU?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:06:28 +1000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 May 2006 05:07:02 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> That might be okay, although even that might appear to change if we
> implement things like VM fork in future.

Hmmm. That sounds interesting. If was done with CoW, the fork could be
almost instant. You could freeze a running domain, fork (copy) it (and
snapshot the underlying lvm volume), and run the copy to test a
scenario, then roll it back again and test another.

Is that achievable using any combination of existing features at all?

Sounds like we need a domain UUID and an instance UUID...

James