Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to bring up Mini-OS on x86_64

On 16 May 2006, at 20:57, Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh wrote:

I am getting the following error when I try to bring up Mini-OS on x86_64 Xen (unstable: 9994). It is dying in xc_linux_build() causing xend to fault and restart. Any clue why this happening? Has something changed in the builder that Mini-OS needs to be aware of?

PS: I tried reverting changeset 9993 (Allow linking of mini-os with application-specific object code), but still got the same error

Whatever the problem is, it'd be good to fix whatever bug this is triggering in the builder as well as fixing mini-os (although maybe the bug is solely in the builder). It shouldn't be possible for bogus kernel images to kill xend, although I'm sure xc_linux_build() has various holes in this respect. It'd be nice to fix them as we find them though.

 -- Keir