Re: [Xen-devel] Xen cpufreq support status: how to notify hypervisor of

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen cpufreq support status: how to notify hypervisor of frequency change?
From: "Matt T. Yourst" <yourst@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:31:17 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 04:59:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 12 April 2006 01:47 am, you wrote:

> local_time_calibration() won't really do the right thing. It will
> calibrate for the observed TSC rate over the last few seconds, most of
> which will have passed at the old TSC rate. The simplest fix would
> simply be to multiply the calculated TSC scale factor by
> new_mhz/old_mhz.

Doesn't set_time_scale() do exactly this by directly using the supplied
ticks_per_sec value? Why does it need to be scaled based on the old frequency
when the values can just be recalculated?

I removed the call to local_time_calibration() and it still works just fine,
so it looks like set_time_scale() overrides the other settings anyway.

I'm still having a strange issue (only in X sessions it appears) where the key
repeat rate and response time gets very slow after a frequency shift.
Everything else responds normally except for the keyboard, and that problem
goes away after a minute or two. Any idea what's going on?

- Matt