RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] make hypercall_preempt_check() a littlemoresensi

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jimi Xenidis" <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] make hypercall_preempt_check() a littlemoresensitive
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:50:19 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 02:52:00 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A more natural way to think about this model is described in the comment,
where says to emulate hw_resend_irq behavior. On native system, such
irq is resent to the system bus for interrupt logic to arbitrate upon priority
and mask status. Here event is resent to let virtual interrupt logic (event
dispatcher) to arbitrate. Such logic is (shouldn't be) unknown at the point
of evtchn_unmask. :-)

Thanks,
Kevin