Re: [Xen-devel] Assertion '! IS_INVALID_M2P_ENTRY(gpfn)' failedkillsmach

To: "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Assertion '! IS_INVALID_M2P_ENTRY(gpfn)' failedkillsmachine
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:19:45 +0100
Cc: Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:24:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 29 Mar 2006, at 18:12, Nakajima, Jun wrote:

So this is _not_ for 3.0.2? I expect some hiccups with that if domUs
start using other than log-dirty mode (e.g. SHM_translate). For this
particular bug, I think the P2M table is missing the mapping for the
xenpage_list. We'll take a look at that.

The mini-linux patches are not going into our repository at all, so the patches have no relation to our release process.

For PAE or x86-64, although xenlinux uses subset of the shadow
sub-modes, I guess we have more bugs with domUs simply because we
haven't tested (we have higher confidence with log-dirty mode for domU
live migration). HVM guests have been tested well, and they use the
shadow mode combined with SHM_external (which domUs don't).

Well, Christian's fixed one or two bugs today. We're finding the bugs one by one. :-)

 -- Keir