[Xen-devel] triggering probe function

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] triggering probe function
From: "Bryan D. Payne" <bryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:32:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:34:01 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm working to get something like this example...

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenIntro#head- d210a9b066af7165219af8f0652a12137245a123

...working on my machine. I have a backend driver installed with a probe function registered. However, I'm trying to trigger the probe function using a sequence of xenstore-write commands and not having much luck. I've made some modifications to the commands on the wiki based on what I'm seeing in my xenstore (3.0.0). So my commands look like this...

MODULE=mydevice
DOMU_ID=2
NUM=1

xenstore-write /local/domain/0/backend/$MODULE $DOMU_ID
xenstore-write /local/domain/0/backend/$MODULE/$DOMU_ID/$NUM/frontend- id $NUM xenstore-write /local/domain/0/backend/$MODULE/$DOMU_ID/$NUM/ frontend /local/domain/$DOMU_ID/device/$MODULE/$NUM

Any thoughts on why this wouldn't trigger the probe function of a backend driver?

Thanks,
bryan

-
Bryan D. Payne
Graduate Student, Computer Science
Georgia Tech Information Security Center
http://www.bryanpayne.org