Re: [Xen-devel] PCI delegation works, access to the delegated NIC doesn'

> To this end I've checked in a 'permissive' module flag which allows PCI
> config writes to succeed by default. Enabled by specifying
> 'pciback.permissive' as a boot parameter or:
>   echo Y >/sys/modules/pciback/permissive
>
>   -- Keir

Hi Keir, hi Ryan,

good job! I recompiled with the mentioned changeset and it works.
At the moment I'm writing this mail from my dom0 via a bridge created with the
delegated NIC. Thank's a lot.

I just had one issue with a kernel oops when I set up the bridge in domU

brctl addbr br0
brctl addif eth0 (the vif)
brctl addif eth1 (the delegated NIC)

ifconfig br0 192.168.1.100 up

crash

Aiee, killing interrupt....

Unfortunately I was not able to catch the output, because the domU crashed
completely.

But this is what I could get from dom0's dmesg after crash:

<snip>

ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:02:00.0 disabled
irq 16: nobody cared (try booting with the "irqpoll" option)

Call Trace: <IRQ> <ffffffff8010722a>{hypercall_page+554}
       <ffffffff801526a5>{__report_bad_irq+53}
<ffffffff80152923>{note_interrupt+547}
       <ffffffff80274b3a>{usb_hcd_irq+42} <ffffffff80151f66>{__do_IRQ+214}
       <ffffffff8010dee8>{do_IRQ+72} <ffffffff8025be55>{evtchn_do_upcall+149}
       <ffffffff8010bb19>{do_hypervisor_callback+37} <EOI>
handlers:
[<ffffffff80274b10>] (usb_hcd_irq+0x0/0x60)
Disabling IRQ #16

</snip>

After that it was also not possible to reboot the domU, so I had to reboot
dom0 as well.

But this happened only once, after rebooting I couldn't reproduce that oops
anymore. Will do further tests later.

What about the info's requested by you before that permissive-patch? Are they
still of interest?
I did those tests before I recompiled, so if needed I can still attach them to
the bugzilla report.

Thanks again,
Alex