[Xen-devel] question about DomU kernel loading

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] question about DomU kernel loading
From: Ying.U.Wang@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:26:57 -0700 (MST)
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:53:57 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I was trying to check the integrity the kernel of any DomU.

Here is my experiment:

1. parse xenU kernel image, extract ".text" section from the image.
2. dump the domU memory from the dsi.v_start upto the size of ".text" section.
3. compare the results from step 1 and step 2.

I found that the majority of the code are the same, but still about 500 bytes
are different between these two in various locations.

Could anyone tell me why are not they the same and what made the difference?

Thanks,

Ying Wang