Re: [Xen-devel] Getting informations about running domains

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Getting informations about running domains
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:26:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:39:13 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Anthony,

thanks a lot for your answer, that comes quite closer to what I want :-)

>libxenstat is not installed and neither are it's bindings.
I know, therefor I compiled it, installed it and (hopefully) also made the bindings! Is there any special reason why it is not used?

>The xc python bindings are what Xend uses and therefore will always be
>present.
>Look at the xm sources--that's the best reference  The following is
You mean the "xen-3.0.1/tools/python/xen/xm/main.py"?
Yes it looks that I can get most informations directly from there!

>something like what xm list does: http://pastebin.com/562077
That's what I like, easy code that I can adapt :-)

What still is missing is some more info that "xen top" gives me, like the real memory of the machine and the real frequency of the CPU - the CPU-load I get via xenmon.py/xenbaked!

cat /proc/... gives me only the reserved dom0-memory and the frequency of the CPU seems to be to hight!

Thanks a lot for any help in advance,
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf