[Xen-devel] Passive domain support in Xenoprof 2.0

To: <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Passive domain support in Xenoprof 2.0
From: "Yang, Xiaowei" <xiaowei.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 16:46:07 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>, "Zhai, Edwin" <edwin.zhai@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 08:57:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Renato,
I'd like to talk with you about Xenoprof. 2 obvious changes in Xenoprof
2.0 is
1) alloc/handle buffer per vcpu
2) remove passive damain machenism
I'm not sure why you remove passive domain (for clear implemetation?),
but it's essential for tuning VMX domain.
Since buffer allocation is changed, for now I can think of 2 ways to
handle passive domain samples:
1) add passive samples in primary domain's buffer and let it handle it
in Xenoprof 1.1 way, or
2) alloc another dedicated buffer for passive domains and let primary
domain do extra work to handle it.
After that, our enhancement to map passive domain samples to
xen/kernel/application can work again.

What do you think of it?

-Xiaowei