[Xen-devel] Breakpoints for cloning VM

Hello,
We are trying to create clones of VMs at specified time intervals. To achieve
this , we use the method of stopping the running process, creating a clone and
then restarting the process. We were wondering if anybody could provide
pointers as to what would NOT be suitable breakpoints to use here, for e.g. one we could think of was interrupting a hypervisor call. Also, if we skip over such
calls/instructions, what notion of time should we use in the process we are
cloning. Would clock interrupts or counting the number of system calls made by
the process be a good idea to keep track of the time interval in the cloned
process?
Thanks,
Preetha.