RE: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Intel/VT

To: "Thorolf Godawa" <Thorolf@xxxxxxxxx>, "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Intel/VT
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:02:59 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:14:11 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, you need to set  CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G instead off CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G.
That will limit the machines' kernel space to 4GB, and thus eliminate
the need for PAE.

Of course, CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM will also turn off PAE, but may not work out
quite as well.

In menuconfig, this can be found under X86 Processor Configuration, High
Memory support. Other configuration tools may use different paths... ;-)

--
Mats