[Xen-devel] Re: Linux 2.6 guest BUG().

Keir Fraser wrote:

On 1 Feb 2006, at 16:08, Matt Ayres wrote:

I assume you mean Xen's memory usage. I am showing 141MB free out of 8112MB total. Our scripts to add accounts don't allow adding more accounts then there is memory for, we actually leave about 128MB as a buffer.

That's a bit odd then. If you don't explicitly specify dom0's memory allocation at boot time then you should end up with 128MB 'slack' left unallocated. And that should all be <4GB.

If you are giving dom0 all of memory on boot, and then reducing it later, that could be a problem (dom0 may end up giving back only memory >4GB).

I am allocating 256MB of RAM to dom0. I am running Fedora Core 4. On this particular server I am running httpd/mysqld on the host with a fair amount of activity to it, but I have extended swap space to 1GB and tuned both apps for low memory usage. The memory is set statically via kernel line in grub. (dom0-min-mem 262144) is set in xend-config.sxp to ensure it keeps the memory allocated to it.

Thank you,
Matt Ayres